CROSSDRO will provide answers to key relevant issues:
- what is the direct impact of droughts on snow cover, forest growth and health, water resources and irrigated and rain fed crops?;
- what is the connection between biophysical and socioeconomic drought mechanisms among these sectors and across different spatial scales and environmental conditions?
- what is the capability of models to reproduce multi- and cross-sectoral drought impacts in complex regions and what is the uncertainty in the predictions?
- what are the expected impacts of drought episodes under future RCP and SSP scenarios?
- how can the assessment of drought impacts and development of basin impact models improve environmental and societal resilience to drought?
- what is the expected adaptive response of society to drought and to foresee interactions?